Justice League Cast

Justice League Cast

Search This Blog

May 19, 2014

Today's Wonder Woman Pt. 2

So in in the first "Today's Wonder Woman" article, I raised a few questions and theories about the Wonder Woman character. But then I thought to myself, what about Diana Prince? WW's alter ego. How should she be treated in this new DCU adaptation? Let's take a look shall we.


Recently Gal Gadot began shooting for her role in the Untitled Man of Steel sequel. And though it may be small, it will have key value to future development. Anyway, someone snapped a few pic's (right) of Gadot shooting. And she looks like Diana Prince, straight from the comics and animation. This made me think. In past iterations, correct me if I'm wrong, Diana Prince was a well known business woman and people know she was Wonder Woman. And this, to me, just makes sense.

This Way

In this new DCU, at the birth of 'Superman', Batman and Wonder Woman are already established characters. That makes sense. Batman is older, and been around for a while. And WW is a God, she has just been hidden (I guess). And weather or not Diana Prince is established, but not WW (Based on fear or something to hide her powers), is another topic.

However, I feel that not only will it be difficult to hide the alter ego of WW from the public (Considering they share the same face), but not practical. The character of WW/Diana Prince is someone who is tough, confident, and fearless. She is strong, and embraces her womanhood. It is just in her upbringing as a Goddess (If they go that way).

Example; Thor. I love the first Thor, and Hemsworth's portrayal in the other two films as well. And part of that is because of the character. It's like he is ripped out of the olden days. You know what I'm getting at. And let me just say this, I don't want WW to be a rip off of Marvel's Thor. She is her own hero, and deserves to be treated as such. All I'm saying is that I like that 'old fashioned honor' type of feel.

So if we have Diana be open about her 'other job' (i.e. Tony Stark's Iron Man), that not only helps set her apart, but works in this cinematic universe. She could be "Diana" to friends, associates, what-have-you. And to fans, kids, "Wonder Woman". Just imagine it, a humble God signing autographs to little girls. Pretty cool.

Now, I know what your thinking (Now really, this is an assumption), what if they don't have the Diana alter ego? What if she is just WW all the time? Fair point, and I think that is a viable route. However, The pic (Above) looks an awful lot like Diana to me. And I believe the were shooting at that time as well. So we can guestimate that she wont be WW 24/7. Ergo, Diana Prince. Ergo, suck it.


Well, there it is. Let me know what you think. How would you handle the WW/Diana dilemma? Comment below. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment