Justice League Cast

Justice League Cast

Search This Blog

Jan 27, 2014

Handling New Green Lantern Movie

Hello. So this is my first crack at this, please be gentle and thank you for reading. I do not consider myself a "blogger", just want to spread some thoughts. Enter the internet. I am most likeley going to take the important issues of our lifes. No, not the debt crisis, or immigration. No, the important things like: "Why Ben Affleck is a great choice for Batman", or "Handling a new Green Lantern movie". Which is how I begin this segment.

So the 2011 Green Lantern movie was a financial and critical "bomb". And in case you didn't know, that movie lost Warner Bros. and DC over $100 million. Now, I myself actually like the film, though I admit it's flaws. Lets jump into it!

REBOOT
Now even if you hated the movie with a burning passion, I think we can all admit the one thing they got right was the cast. Ultimatley it comes down to the director, and the script being the BIG issues of the film. Ryan Reynolds is a near perfect Hal Jordan. A stong actor, with a whitty charm. And Mark Strong was a great Sinestro. That said, there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone from the 2011 project will be coming back. It's been to long, and WB is lookig to revive the franchise.

That all being said, how should they move on with the character? Well glad you asked. One obvious direction is to recast a new Hal. For that I like Justin Bartha. He is an underated actor, with a natural whitt and has the looks. He has helped WB make tons of money with The Hangover Trilogy, and is very like-able. The only real downside is his height (5'8") but hey, thats what Hollywood Magic is for.

So if not a new Hal then what about rebooting with John Stewart? Well lets see. John Stewart has become popular from that JLA cartoon, and even myself kind grew up with him instead of Hal Jordan. However, most fans will tell you, the quintesensial Green Lantern is Hal Jordan. And keep in mind that is who they chose with the New 52 comic reboot. However, if they go this way, I am not against it. Though I do think Hal is more established, (And who doesn't want to see the Hal Jordan/Barry Allen friendship?) it is nearly ideal for WB and DC to start completely fresh with GL by having a new lead for the role. I mean they had John Stewart in the failed JLA Mortal project. And if they do with Stewart as the new GL I, like seemingly everyone else on the planet, love the idea of Idris Elba.

So there it is, my first attempt to make strangers like me by writing about things most people don't care about. But let me know your thoughts: Who would you cast? Comment below. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment