Justice League Cast

Justice League Cast

Search This Blog

Feb 17, 2014

How Much Will Man of Steel 2 Make?

So we all know Man of Steel 2 will probably make truck loads of cash, but hhow much exatly? Well I done done a little research to try and determine (as much as I can) how much it will realistically make.

Let me start off by saying none of us KNOW exactly how much dough the MOS sequel will bring in, but it's a safe assumption that it will make bank! I have calculated some similar projects, in regaurds of their anticipation, return, and reviews, and have come up with a few numbers.

BIGGEST MOVIE EVER?
Let me start here...No. Sorry to say it, but it is highly unlikely that this movie will become the highest grossing movie of all time (Which I consider to be Gone With the Wind, not Avitar). To to this it would have over TRIPPLE the return of Man of Steel (668 mil). That's over 300%. Let me put it this way, The Dark Knight was a huge step up from Batman Begins, with an incredible 168.4% increase in box office revinue (not profit.). Iron Man 3, even with the help of The Avengers, was around a 94.6% increase over IM 2.

Now, let me be on record saying I WANT this movie to be the highest grossing film of all time! And with the addition of Batman AND Wonder Woman, I get why some people would think so. I am just being realistic.

HOW MUCH THEN?
In my "research" I found that on average, a sucessul sequel could make around 51% more. That alone would put it just above a billion. However, I think the implications of having it a Batman VS Superman movie, raise that number a bit. Then we look at the reviews of the first film. Now I personally consider Man of Steel my favorite film. I love the movie...obviously. But, with a 7.4 rating on IMDB and somehow a 56% on RottenTomatoes, we have to take in account the number of poeple who wouldn't come back.

With all that in mind, I do have a realistic and hopefull number. I put the over/under at 1.2 billion. That's nearly an 80% increase people! But I think people have been wanting this film for decades, and with the unpredictable casting decisions, people will have to see how it turns out.

So there it is. As I mentioned, we won't know untill 2016, but I have hope...that's what this symbol means, Hope. Let me know what you think. Am I way off? Will it make more or less? Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. If this movie makes 'just' $1 billion let alone anything more, consider DC Movie Universe confirmed and flying

    ReplyDelete